The voice cast of The Angry Birds Movie 2 is full of well-known actors. The movie is a sequel to 2016’s The Angry Birds Movie, with a lot of the cast returning along with some new surprises.
Based on the popular video game of the same name, The Angry Birds Movie 2 takes the story even further. Picking up some time after the events of the first movie, Bird Island leader Red (Sudeikis) is faced with a new enemy named Zeta (Leslie Jones). Zeta lives on Eagle Island, a frozen place which she has grown to dislike. She sets her sights on Bird Island and Piggy Island, attempting to conquer them and take them for herself. This new threat forces Red and the other Angry Birds to team up with their former enemy, Bad Piggy Leonard Mudbeard, so they can save their homes.
In expanding the world, The Angry Birds Movie 2 also greatly expands the cast of characters, bringing a host of instantly recognizable voices with it. Who are the actors behind the bird and pigs? Here’s the full cast of Angry Birds 2.
- Jason Sudeikis as Red: Jason Sudeikis reprises the role of Red, one of the original Angry Birds adapted from the video game for the movie. Red is a short-tempered but loyal bird and, after the events of the first movie, the leader of the community on Bird Island. In the sequel, he beomces an ally of his Angry Birds enemy, Leonard, as they come together to take on Zeta and avoid being frozen as part of her evil plan. Sudeikis is a former Saturday Night Live cast member whose film roles include Booksmart, Driven, and Horrible Bosses.
- Josh Gad as Chuck: Josh Gad returns as Chuck, Red’s best friend and another of the OG game Angry Birds. He’s a goofy and hyperactive bird who can travel at speeds of up to 100 miles per hour. Chuck is a bit dim-witted but he’s also very loyal. Gad is both a stage and screen actor best known as Olaf in Frozen, Le Fou in Beauty and the Beast.
- Rachel Bloom as Silver: Rachel Bloom plays Silver, a new character in The Angry Birds 2. Silver is Chuck’s sister and is a very scientifically-minded bird. She’s never afraid to make fun of Red to loosen him up a bit. Bloom is best known for her role on The CW’s Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
- Danny McBride as Bomb: Danny McBride plays Bomb, a close friend of Red’s from the original Angry Birds game. Bomb is very gentle and sweet despite being a huge, round blackbird. He does have the ability to emit an explosion when he gets too angry, causing a disruption all around him. McBride sticks to mostly comedic roles, with notable previous being This Is The End, Pineapple Express, and Sausage Party, although did co-write 2018’s Halloween.
- Peter Dinklage as Mighty Eagle: Peter Dinklage plays Mighty Eagle. In the Angry Birds video game, Mighty Eagle is the most powerful bird of them all. The same applies to the movies, where he’s considered a somewhat mythical figure. This Angry Birds sequel is Dinklage’s first post-Game of Thrones role. His most recent credits include the HBO TV movie My Dinner With Herve, co-starring Jamie Dornan, and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Lil Rel Howery as Alex: Lil Rel Howery plays Alex, a member of the bird community on Bird Island new for The Angry Birds Movie 2. Howery has remained in the spotlight since his breakout role in Get Out in 2017. Since then, he’s appeared in TV comedies Rel and Comedy Central’s South Side. He’s also been seen in feature films like Tag, Uncle Drew, and Bird Box.
- Dove Cameron as Ella: Dove Cameron plays Ella, a white-and-pink bird new to the movies. Cameron is best known for her role in the Descendants franchise on Disney Channel. She also appeared in the 2018 Netflix original movie Dumplin’ alongside Jennifer Aniston and Danielle Macdonald.
- Anthony Padilla as Hal: Anthony Padilla plays Hal, another of the game’s original Angry Birds. Hal is an older bird who’s quite social and helpful around the bird community. Padilla is a YouTuber who was initially known as one-half of the comedy duo Smosh. He’s had occasional acting gigs, including the YouTube Red movie Ghostmates in 2016.
- Nicky Minaj as Pinky: Nicki Minaj is Pinky, a new character to the world of Angry Birds. This Angry Birds sequel marks a rare occasion for singer Minaj to perform as an actor. Her limited past credits include The Other Woman, Ice Age: Continental Drift, and Barbershop: The Next Cut.
- Colleen Ballinger as Roxanne: Colleen Ballinger plays Roxanne, a member of Bird Island, another new Angry Birds character. Ballinger is a YouTuber who performs under the pseudonym Miranda Sings. She is also known for her short-lived Netflix comedy series Haters Back Off!.
- Brooklynn Prince as Zoe: Brooklynn Prince plays Zoe, a young hatchling very much attached to The Blues. She’s inquisitive and well-meaning but can be a bit intense. Prince is best known for her role in The Florida Project.
- Genesis Tennon as ViVi: Genesis Tennon plays ViVi, a hatchling who is a friend to all of the other young birds. This is Tennon’s first feature film role. She is the daughter of actor Viola Davis.
- Alma Varsano as Samantha/Sam-Sam: Alma Varsano is Samantha, a.k.a. Sam-Sam. She is a hatchling who is friends with the other young birds on Bird Island. This is Varsano’s first feature film role. She is the daughter of actor Gal Gadot.
- JoJo Siwa as Jay: JoJo Siwa is Jay, one of three identical birds who make up the hatchling group known as The Blues. Jay’s siblings are Jake and Jim. Siwa is an extremely popular YouTube star who has appeared on TV shows like The Thundermans and School of Rock.
- Faith and Sunday Urban as Beatrice and Lily: Sisters Faith and Sunday Urban play hatchlings Beatrice and Lily. The sisters are the daughters of actor Nicole Kidman and country music singer Keith Urban. Earlier in 2019, they appeared briefly in a season 2 scene on HBO’s Big Little Lies.
- Leslie Jones as Zeta: Leslie Jones plays Zeta, an eagle who lives on the frozen wasteland Eagle Island. She hatches a plan to conquer Bird Island with a specially-developed freezing technology she intends to use on the residents. Jones is a cast member of Saturday Night Live whose recent film roles include the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot, Masterminds, and a voice role in Sing.
- Eugenio Derbez as Glenn: Eugenio Derbez voices Glenn, Zeta’s top scientist who helps in her plan to conquer Bird Island. Glenn is a very nervous bird because he is just one of many scientists who have tried to make the weapon Zeta wants. Derbez has had a plethora of roles since he’s broken out into English-language films after building a successful acting career in his home of Mexico. Those films include a 2018 remake of the comedy Overboard and 2019’s Dora and the Lost City of Gold.
- Zach Woods as Carl: Zach Woods plays Carl, a security guard on Eagle Island. Woods is best known for his roles on HBO series Silicon Valley and the U.S. version of The Office.
- Pete Davidson as Jerry: Pete Davidson voices Jerry, another Eagle Island security guard. Davidson is a Saturday Night Live cast member who has also appeared in films like Trainwreck, Set It Up, and The Dirt.
- Beck Bennett as Brad Eagleberger: Beck Bennett is Brad, a member of the Eagle Island security team. Bennett is also member of the current Saturday Night Live cast and will be seen next in Bill & Ted Face the Music.
- Tiffany Haddish as Debbie: Tiffany Haddish plays Debbie, the caring but somewhat air-headed best friend to Zeta. She is also Zeta’s right-hand woman in the plot against Bird Island. Haddish is best known for appearing in The Carmichael Show, Girls Trip, Night School and Netflix’s animated comedy Tuca & Bertie.
- David Dobrik as Axel: David Dobrik plays Axel, an Eagle Island security guard who is prone to goofing off while on the job. Dobrik is a popular YouTube star who is best known for his vlogs showing off the antics he and his friends, collectively referred to as The Vlog Squad, get into daily.
- Bill Hader as Leonard: Bill Hader reprises the role of Leonard Mudbeard, the leader of the Bad Piggies of Pig Island. He’s one of the good guys now after spending most of the first movie as the primary antagonist. Leonard is boisterous, charming, and charismatic but often comes off as silly, too. Hader is another SNL alum and currently stars on the award-winning HBO series Barry.
- Awkwafina as Courtney: Awkwafina is Courtney, Leonard’s Gen Z assistant who prefers texting and listening to music over doling out orders to the rest of the Bad Piggies on her boss’s behalf. Before she appeared in this sequel, Awkwafina had starred in Crazy Rich Asians, Ocean’s 8, and The Farewell, with upcoming films including Jumaji: The Next Level and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
- Sterling K. Brown as Garry: Sterling K. Brown voices Garry, a pig associate of Leonard’s who is in charge of inventing cool gadgets for the team. Garry is credited with the creation of Invisible Spray. Brown is best known for his roles in Marvel’s Black Panther, the NBC acclaimed drama This Is Us, and season 1 of Ryan Murphy’s FX drama American Crime Story.
- Gaten Matarazzo as Bubba the Pig: Gaten Matarazzo voices Bubba the Pig, a member of the Bad Piggies team. Matarazzo is best known for playing Dustin on Netflix’s Stranger Things.
Next: Every Video Game Being Adapted Into A Movie Or Netflix Show Right Now