Narcos: Mexico season 2 stars Diego Luna as real-life cartel founder Miguel Gallardo, and its packed cast of characters also includes Scoot McNairy as the DEA Agent trying to bring Miguel’s operation down. As a continuation of the Colombia-based narrative established in Narcos seasons 1-3, the Netflix series primarily focuses on the rise of Mexican drug cartels during the ’80s. Narcos: Mexico season 2 released on February 13, 2020.
Narcos: Mexico season 2 follows the ascent of Mexican drug lord Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo. During the ’80s, Gallardo founded the Guadalajara Cartel and was involved with the 1985 murder of American DEA agent Kiki Camarena, as depicted in Narcos: Mexico season 1. In the second season, DEA agent Walt Breslin seeks justice while Gallardo simultaneously builds his empire.
Breslin narrated the entirety of Narcos: Mexico season 1 and makes his first on-screen appearance in the final episode. The second outing of the series also introduces a number of other new faces. Here’s our complete cast and character guide for Narcos: Mexico season 2 on Netflix.
Diego Luna reprises his role as the real-life founder of the Guadalajara Cartel, Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo. In Narcos: Mexico season 2, Gallardo avoids the DEA and seeks power from Bogotá to New York City and everywhere in between. In pop culture, Luna is best known for portraying Cassian Andor in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. He previously starred in the 2001 Mexican classic Y Tu Mamá También, directed by Alfonso Cuarón.
Scoot McNairy co-stars as DEA agent Walt Breslin, the narrator of Narcos: Mexico season 1. On television, McNairy portrayed Gordon Clark in Halt and Catch Fire and Tom Purcell in True Detective season 3. He also appears as Business Bob Gilbert in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and Wallace Keefe in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Alejandro Edda as Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman: A founding member of the Sinaloa Cartel who builds “Cocaine Alley.” Alejandro Edda portrayed Marco Rodriguez in Fear the Walking Dead.
- Andrés Almeida as Cochiloco: A founding member of the Sinaloa Cartel. Andrés Almeida is known for portraying Diego “Saba” Madero in Y Tu Mamá También.
- Gorka Lasaosa as Héctor Palma Salazar: A founding member of the Sinaloa Cartel. Gorka Lasaosa portrayed Victor Pons in Infidels.
- Teresa Ruiz as Isabella Bautista: A drug cartel leader. Teresa Ruiz portrayed Nadia Basurto in the TV series Here on Earth.
- Alfonso Dosal as Benjamín Arellano Félix: Leader of the Tijuana Cartel. Alfonso Dosal portrayed Carlos Calles in Here on Earth.
- Mayra Hermosillo as Enedina Arellano Felix: Benjamin’s sister. Mayra Hermosillo starred in El palabrerío en el espejo fundido.
- Clark Freeman as Ed Heath: Walt’s superior. Clark Freeman has appeared in Parks and Recreation and NCIS.
- Jero Medina as Ossie Mejia: A member of Walt’s DEA crew. Jero Medina stars in the 2020 film Belle De Jour Remake.
- Alberto Zeni as Amat Palacios: A member of Walt’s DEA crew. Alberto Zeni portrayed Aurelio Sotolongo in Nora.
- Miguel Rodarte as Danilo Garza: A member of Walt’s DEA crew. Miguel Rodarte starred in Saving Private Perez.
- Matt Biedel as Daryl Petski: A member of Walt’s DEA crew. Matt Biedel portrayed Dimi/Abuela in Altered Carbon and Lewis Porter in Mad Men.
- Gerardo Taracena as Pablo Acosta: A Mexican drug smuggler. Gerardo Taracena is known for movie roles in Apocalypto and Sin Nombre
- Sosie Bacon as Mimi: Acosta’s American girlfriend. The daughter of Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, Sosie Bacon portrayed Skye Miller in 13 Reasons Why.
- Alberto Ammann as Pacho Herrera: A Colombian drug smuggler. Alberto Ammann reprises his Narcos role (season 1-3). He’s known for portraying Javier Delgado in Mars.
- José María Yazpik as Amado Carrillo Fuentes: A Juárez drug trafficker. José María Yazpik reprises his role from Narcos season 3. He’s appeared in the movies The Obscure Spring and Polvo.
- Milton Cortés as Rubén Zuno Arce: A wealthy liaison for Mexico City officials and narcos. Milton Cortés portrayed Gerardo in Paquita la del Barrio.
- Jesús Ochoa as Juan Nepomuceno Guerra: Founder of the Gulf Cartel. Jesús Ochoa portrayed Lt. Orso in Quantum of Solace.
- Julio Cesar Cedillo as Guillermo González Calderoni: Walt’s Mexican informant. Julio Cesar Cedillo portrayed Fausto Alarcon in Sicario.
- Joaquín Cosio as Ernesto “Don Neto” Fonseca Carrillo: Miguel’s imprisoned associate. Joaquín Cosio portrayed General Medrano in Quantum of Solace.
- Quavo as L.A. Drug Dealer: Quavo is a founding member of the hip-hop group Migos.
More: Narcos: 10 Real-Life Stories About The Illegal Drug Trade That Could Work As A Narcos Spin-Off